Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Bookish Resolution

"There is only one way to read, which is to browse in libraries and bookshops, picking up books that attract you, reading only those, dropping them when they bore you, skipping the parts that drag--and never, never reading anything because you feel you ought, or because it is part of a trend or a movement.  Remember that the book which bores you when you are twenty or thirty will open doors for you when you are forty or fifty.  Don't read a book out of its right time for you."                                                     --Doris Lessing

   This year, I'm making a resolution I know I can keep:  to only read books in 2013 that I want to read.  Because reading should be a joy, not a chore!

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quote (and an appropriate resolution!) I love this, and will keep it in mind as I choose my reading selections this year.

    ReplyDelete