Monday, January 7, 2013

Now You See Me by S.J. Bolton


     The first murder looks like a Jack the Ripper copycat killing.  So do the second and third murders.  But as the police continue their investigations, they start to realize that the motive might not be 'ripping' but revenge.  Nothing in this novel is what it seems.  Even the main character, a young detective constable named Lacey Flint, has some dark secrets.  The lead D.I., Mark Joesbury, finds himself attracted to Lacey, but he doesn't trust her.  In fact, he suspects she might have something to do with the murders...
     I read this book in two days.  There are enough twists and turns to keep you guessing until the very end.  It's only in the last few pages that the truth finally comes to light.  I love a good plot twist, and this book has plenty!  The interplay between the characters, the secrets and hidden truths, and the mounting tension as the murderer moves inexorably closer, make this a gripping novel that is hard to put down.  This is a must-read!

1 comment:

  1. I have been hearing great things about S J Bolton's books, I have to read one for myself. I adore twisty, turny plots where you don't know who to trust or believe. Adding this to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete