Thursday, December 19, 2013

Jungleland by Christopher S. Stewart

"...if given the choice between seeking a lost city in the jungle and not, always pick the jungle."

I love books like this. I think it's the allure of jungle exploration and the idea of a lost ancient city waiting to be discovered. I mean, who hasn't dreamed of being Indiana Jones just once in his or her life? Following rumors of a lost city called Ciudad Blanca, Christopher Stewart treks deep into the Honduran rain forest. He follows in the footsteps of previous explorers and interweaves accounts of their experiences with his own real life adventure. This is a fast-paced and entertaining book. It only took a couple of days to read. Plus, it let me trek through the steaming jungle of Honduras without running into a fer de lance or getting a single bug bite. Jungleland is a definite must-read for anyone who loves travel, wild adventures, or lost cities of gold. I admit, every time I read a book like this it makes me want to set off for some unexplored corner of the world. Too bad there's no job market for explorers any more! But at least there are still books about them. 

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I suppose you could become a travel writer...is that still a thing?

    This book sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to visit Honduras for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only someone would pay me to travel! :) That'd be awesome.

      Delete
  2. I actually read this one! I really enjoyed it, and realized I am better at traveling into remote locations via book...so I am glad Christopher Steward had this adventure for me :)

    ReplyDelete