Monday, June 30, 2014

Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library

"...the twelve twelve-year-olds who write the best essays on 'Why I'm Excited About the New Public Library' will get to go to the library lock-in this Friday night. The winners will spend the night in the new library before anybody else even gets to see the place!"


I needed an easy and entertaining read this weekend and Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein fit the bill perfectly. The dialogue is snappy; the kids are funny. Plus, it's a book that combines four of my favorite things: books, libraries, puzzles, and games. Luigi Lemoncello, the world's most famous game maker, donated the money for and helped design and build Alexandriaville's new public library. He also designed a contest where the game board is the library itself. Kyle Keeley and his friends have 24 hours to decipher the clues, solve the riddles and find the secret way out of the library. The first kid out wins the prize. Cool, huh? I thought it was a very clever plot. I mean, who wouldn't want to have an overnight adventure in a library like Mr. Lemoncello's? This is a fast-paced and fun mystery that readers of any age will enjoy. I know I did!

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I want to read this one very badly, perhaps along with the little guy. It reminds me of a childhood favorite of mine where a girl gets accidentally locked in the library overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about fun and games with this book....definitely give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I love Grabenstein's mystery series for adults and was so happy he wrote this one for chidren. My niece says it's awesome and that I really need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Grabenstein had a mystery series for adults. I will definitely have to check it out. :) And this book is a very FUN read. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete