Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reading Bingo Update...

I'm halfway to Book Bingo Blackout. Here's the bingo card courtesy of the Unruly Reader:


And here are the squares I've filled so far:

  • 300 Pages or Fewer: Glaciers by Alexis M. Smith
  • Published in the 70s: Quartet in Autumn by Barbara Pym
  • Book Cited in a Story: The Castle of Wolfenbach by Eliza Parsons
  • Cover Attraction: Stoker's Manuscript by Royce Prouty
  • War: Istanbul Intrigues by Barry Rubin
  • Found Online: When She Was Gone by Gwendolyn Gross
  • Graphic Novel: This One Summer by Jillian & Mariko Tamaki (which I didn't like and do not recommend!)
  • Magical Realism: Girl On A Wire by Gwenda Bond (which I really liked and DO recommend)
  • Recommended Book: Longbourn by Jo Baker
  • Suspense: The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton
  • Another Culture: Children of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar Delijani
  • Unsettling: Deviant: The Shocking True Story of the Original Psycho by Harold Schechter
  • Writing: The Shelf: From LEQ to LES by Phyllis Rose

Of the squares I have left to fill, I'm most worried about finding a Banned book and a Cult Classic that I actually want to read. (Any suggestions?) Celebrity worries me a little bit, too. The other categories should be fairly easy.  ...  I hope. It's not too late to print out a card and start reading for your own bookish bingo. It's a lot of fun!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lark, you are *rockin'* the Book Bingo! Wow!!

    Some ideas for the topics you mentioned...

    For Cult Classic, I read "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. It's recent, but its following is intense. (understandably so -- it's a great book)

    For Banned, I Googled and looked at lots of lists of banned/challenged books, and I ended up listening to (and loving) "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer.

    I hope the second half of the bingo card is as fun as the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read both Ready Player One and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close...just not this year. :( But you're right, they are both excellent reads. Hopefully I can find some other books just as good. Thanks for coming up with such an awesome bingo card. It's been a lot of fun. :)

      Delete